We sincerely hope you will never have a warranty issue, but Tress stands behind our products and we are here to help! Your Tress tool has a one-year warranty from the date of purchase. Below are details to help you decide whether or not you have a claim:
Tress, L.L.C., a North Carolina Limited Liability Company (“Tress”) warrants to the original purchaser (“Customer”) that your Tress (or Tress XL) product was created with all reasonable commercial care along with good manufacturing practices. Tress products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for 365 days from the date of purchase. Tress’s obligation under this warranty is to replace the product if a claim is needed within the warranty period. A Customer must notify Tress of any claim under this warranty as soon as possible.
To see specific product warranties, please see the info packet included inside most of the Tress product boxes.
If you feel you have a warranty issue and your purchase is within the warrant period, please contact Tress at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the Customer's responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for replacement. The following are not covered under our warranty:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage due to misuse/ abuse such as dropping, incorrect voltage supply, or neglecting safety precautions.
- Tampering with the product or 3rd party unauthorized repair.
- Neglect, Modification, poor maintenance, misuse, abuse, an involvement in accidents or natural disasters.
- Damage to the cord, even accidental.
- Damage occurring during shipping. For damage from shipping, you must make a claim with the shipping company.
- Aesthetics damage or deterioration to the surface finish, or appearance of the product.
- Product damage due to Customer not following the warranty procedures.
- Tampering or misuse involving transformers, voltage converters, plug adapters, or with alternative power supplies internationally - outside US, Mexico, or Canada. (Our dual voltage products might still be covered under the warranty. Email us at email@example.com to discuss.)
Q: Can I still submit a warranty claim if I don't have the original receipt?
A: Proof of purchase must be provided in order to be covered under any warranty.
Q: What do I do if I have a legitimate warranty claim?
A: Simply contact us and put “Warranty” or “Claim” in the subject line and provide us your name (or the name of the person who purchased), mailing address, phone number, and proof of purchase. A Tress representative will reply within 48 hours with instruction on how to make things right.
PRODUCT WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE OR TO THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRESS, ITS MANAGERS, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES OR EMPLOYEES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF LIFE OR PROPERTY, INCONVENIENCE, DAMAGE (DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM BREACH OF ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, AS SET FORTH HEREIN. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND SOME DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY DEPENDING ON LOCATION. THIS WARRANTY WILL BE INTERPRETED PURSUANT TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY STATE LAW. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT INTENDED TO GRANT ANY ADDITIONAL LEGAL, JURISDICTIONAL OR WARRANTY RIGHTS OTHER THAN THOSE SET FORTH HEREIN OR REQUIRED BY LAW. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS WARRANTY IS HELD TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, SUCH FINDING WILL NOT INVALIDATE ANY OTHER PROVISION.